Data Augmentation Workshop
Data Augmentation Workshop
Join us now!25.10.2023 15:00-17:00
Event type: Workshop
Number of participants: 25
Location: Emblica office
Address: Kaisaniemenkatu 1 B, 00100 Helsinki
Pre-work: Create a basic Google account if you don't have one yet
Bring your laptop: Yes
Building the Data Foundation for Successful Machine Learning in a Biased World
What to do when your data is unbalanced, or the quality and amount of data is insufficient for machine learning?
Let’s dive into the world of data augmentation together at Emblica’s office right in the center of Helsinki. In this hands-on workshop, you will learn to implement various data augmentation methods that improve the performance and reliability of machine learning models.
- Learn how to address bias and class imbalance in datasets.
- Discover data augmentation techniques and their impact on model performance.
- Hands-on experience and practical exercises on real-world datasets.
- Training an example ML-model and comparing results with and without augmentation.
- Tailored workshop material that you can continue to explore on your own.
- Welcome words and forming of the small working groups.
- Introduction to data augmentation and the problem set.
- Hands-on coding, continuous tutoring.
- Summary and showcases.
- Snacks and hangout from 17 onward!
WHAT DO YOU NEED
- Laptop (contact us if you need to borrow one).
- Very basic skills in Python.
- Basic Google account for running the materials and saving it for yourself.
- Curious mind and two hours of time – or more, if relaxed after work and snacks interests you!
There are five- and three-step stairs before the elevator leading to the office. Please contact us if needed, so we can make the necessary arrangements.
Emblica is Helsinki-based consultancy focusing on solving data-intensive problems. Our mission is to develop the industry and contribute to making the world a better place for everyone.
NOTE! The number of participants in the event is limited, and registration is binding. If you cannot attend the event, consider others and remember to cancel your participation. No show means that you can’t participate in following #MimmitKoodaa workshops for half a year.
With free events, we answer your questions and wishes. If you want to ask your questions to the speaker in advance, you can email them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ”Mimmit koodaa event”. The facilitators will take the questions into account when preparing.
You can also submit requests for new content or ask questions by email to email@example.com.
Kyllä, haluan pysyä kuulolla!
Liittymällä postituslistallemme saat myös ensimmäisenä tiedon julkaisuista koulutuksista. Koulutuksia tarjoavat Software Finland ry:n jäsenet ja koulutukset ovat mimmeille maksuttomia.